What is Vida Academy?
Vida Academy is the way we support all our staff, from new starters right through to senior managers, to learn and develop in their role. Vida Academy promotes life long learning across the organisation and establishes our staff as dementia ambassadors.
The Vida Academy is the way we support all our staff, from new starters right through to senior managers, to learn and develop in their role.
We start with the induction programme for our new starters and work through the Care Certificate and mandatory modules to specialist training courses and apprenticeships from Level 2 to Level 6.
The Vida Academy offers you support in your learning journey from the start of your career right through your time working with the Vida family. We can offer individual coaching in specialist topics, access to internal and external learning opportunities and support networks for our specialist champions.
You will automatically be involved with the Academy as this is the way we manage our staff learning and development but any additional training will be in discussion with your line manager.
Yes, Vida Academy is free to all employees.
The Academy will support you to continue learning and developing as a dementia specialist throughout your career. We can offer access to all levels of specialist dementia and health and social care learning opportunities.
What you can expect from Vida Academy
- A revised and refreshed annual training plan with learning journeys specific for each role within the organisation.
- A dedicated app with a news feed to inform and engage staff in all learning, development and training activity and opportunities as well as up to date with new research, development and best practice.
- A bespoke Positive Interventions in Dementia Care (PIDC) programme.
- Internally placed facilitators and instructors helping teams and residents through best interest decisions.
- An Onboarding and Induction Programme delivered via live virtual platforms during Covid-19 to ensure our new staff remain engaged and committed with our values and ethos of care. We deliver several courses using this technology.
- A robust and extensive Onboarding and Induction Programme to ensure our new staff are engaged with and committed to our values and ethos of care.
- A comprehensive induction and probation programme supported by in-house mentors.
- A proactive and response approach to PIDC and Moving & Handling referrals to ensure our residents are safe at all times.
- A Mentorship Programme for staff who support our new starters.
- A Professional Development Review toolkit including competencies and key performance indicators for staff.
- A Supervision process with a supervision contract to ensure all staff are supported in their roles.
- Registered Nurse CPD programme to support the clinical training and development needs of our nursing workforce.
- The use of an online mandatory training programme.
- A reinvigorated Care Certificate offer and registration of a record number of staff on Level 2-5 courses with accredited partners and providers.
- Our Vida House Managers Development Programme and Aspiring Leaders Programme.
- An offer to HEIs for student placements, including for Trainee Nursing Associates. Adult Nursing and Mental Health Nursing students and Physician Associates.
- Fully funded qualifications to Level 5 and beyond.
Vida Academy Success Stories
Vida has strong links with, and hosts clinical education placements for, Speech & Language Therapy and Dietetic students at Leeds Beckett University. The Physician Associate Studies programme at Leeds University and nursing students at Bradford University.
“We are delighted to partner with Vida Healthcare to promote clinical education. Together, we are training and developing the future healthcare workforce, for the benefit of residents and families.” Naomi de Graff, MSc, BSc (Hons), PGCAP, FHEA, MRCSLT, HCPC reg, Senior Lecturer and Placement Coordinator at Leeds Beckett University:
careers at vida healthcare
Registered by Care Quality Commission
The Outstanding Society
Great British Care Awards 2021 National Winner
Skills For Care Accolades Winner 2015/16
Great British Care Awards 2019 Regional Winner
Great British Care Awards 2021 Regional Winner
Great British Care Awards 2022 National Winner