ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL & GOVERNANCE
AT VIDA HEALTHCARE
At Vida Healthcare we are committed to providing specialist dementia care as well as becoming a sustainable care home provider.
Sustainability is at the forefront of our thinking here at Vida, and this will enable us to reduce our carbon emissions and overall carbon footprint.
In recent years our responsibilities as individuals, businesses and operators towards the environment and sustainability have become more and more visible, apparent and important. It is now becoming recognised not only as “the right thing to do” but something we will be held accountable for by the CQC, Banks and the Public to name a few.
Through a range of initiatives, we can, together, work towards becoming carbon neutral. Below is a list of what we’re working on, together, at Vida Healthcare:
- Simply monitoring temperatures across the home and adapting to ensure efficient usage.
- Turning lights, air conditioning units, etc off when not needed – changing to energy-efficient fittings.
- Less printing with an aim to be paperless.
- Car sharing.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Renewable energy projects.
- Monitoring food wastage.
- Efficient ordering of supplies.
- Ensuring suppliers are committed to a sustainable strategy.
- Chemical dosing systems to avoid overuse.
- Moved to e-plans from paper care plans.
- EMARR for medication dispensing.
We are working with Flotilla to calculate our carbon footprint and create a measurable carbon-neutral strategy.
Listen to the Environmental, Social & Governance Podcast by The Outstanding Society, featuring James Rycroft.
This is an important topic for us all in adult social care. But what does this mean for us all? Where do we start? What would CQC be looking for?
Registered by Care Quality Commission
The Outstanding Society
Great British Care Awards 2021 National Winner
Skills For Care Accolades Winner 2015/16
Great British Care Awards 2019 Regional Winner
Great British Care Awards 2021 Regional Winner
Great British Care Awards 2022 National Winner